About the conference
- young researchers (academic or non-academic)
- enthusiastic about other disciplines
- from any country
- discuss interdisciplinary topics in a relaxed atmosphere
- optional: present your own interdisciplinary project – get feedback from other disciplines – publish your abstract in the conference proceedings
When: 21st – 23rd April 2017
Where: Berlin, youth hostel Berlin Ostkreuz
Deadline for registration: 19th February 2017
How it works
The presentations of the participants form the core of the interdisciplinary forum. Each participant can choose if he or she wants to give a presentation or not. If deciding on a presentation, there are three options regarding the type of presentation:
- present an interdisciplinary project you have been working on (e.g. master/doctoral thesis or project from voluntary service), or
- propose an interdisciplinary topic of general interest (e.g. ethical, medical and law aspects of organ donation), or
- review an interdisciplinary paper for a journal club.
There are a number of time slots for presentations, some of the presentations run in parallel, as usual for conferences.
The participants who do not give a presentation in a certain time slot can meanwhile attend other presentations, participate in the discussions and give their opinions from the point of view of their respective disciplines.
If you give a presentation, you can choose to hand in an abstract, which will then be included in the conference proceedings. The conference proceedings are available at id-forum.org/projects
The International Interdisciplinary Forum is supported (as organizer) by the
Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes within the scope of “Stipendiaten machen Programm”. The Studienstiftung is the largest and oldest German scholarship foundation. It is merit-based, for students who are likely to make a positive contribution to society in the future.
Co-operation partner is the Andrea von Braun Foundation. The mission of the Andrea von Braun Foundation is to support interdisciplinarity to benefit society.
The youth hostel Berlin Ostkreuz, where the seminar takes place, is accessible for wheelchairs.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org